4.03.2008

77% savings at Safeway

I am becoming the crazy coupon lady.

I recently started paying a LOT of attention to the grocery store ads and all my coupons to see how much I could save at the grocery store. I was inspired by my friend Tracy who actually does workshops on this, and I plan on going to one to see what she does.

Anyway, last week, I had already done my weekly shopping but I realized that I had a few coupons that were going to expire so I decided to make a quick run and get these couple of things.

My bill before any discounts: about $19.56
My bill after my discounts: $4.51

What? Yes, that's right.

Here's how it broke down:

I went up with my items:
Steak for that night - $4.52
Tea bags, 2 boxes - $4.83 each
Ice cream bars - $3.99
Pasta Roni - $1.39

By using my Safeway card, I received the sale prices:

The Pasta Roni -$1
The tea bags were by one get one.
The steak was 30% off - $2.57

In addition to the savings I get using my card, I also received a 10% discount because my card was fairly new. More savings.

Then, my coupons.

I had a coupon for $0.55 for the pasta roni, which they doubled.
Final cost for pasta: FREE

I had a coupon for a free box of tea bags, up to $4.
Final cost for BOTH boxes - $0.83. FOR BOTH!!

I had a coupon for the ice cream for $1 off.
Final cost for ice cream: $2.99

My Club card saved me: $8.28
My coupons saved me: $6.00

So I saved $15.05 by using coupons and the club card.

:) Stay tuned.

No comments: