4.12.2007

eThanks


My mom and dad taught me well. It was stressed to me all growing up that when you receive a gift from someone, you send them a thank you note. No matter the length, just a little something to show your appreciation for their thoughtfulness.

And, to this day, I do this. I am trying to drill this into my stepsons mind as well - only thing is, it is becoming harder and harder to 1) remember to write them and 2) actually WRITE them.

Using a writing utensil and putting it to paper is - well - hard. Both mentally and physically. I actually find that my brain either is moving way to slow for my hands or vice versa. Sometimes, I forget how to spell things - easy things. And, my fingers start hurting after a few lines of scrawl...

It makes me wonder about the acceptability of eThanks. Is it ok to send out emails or ecards as thank you notes? I have a feeling that people my parents age and older would dismiss this method as both impersonal and unthoughtful.

But is it?

1 comment:

Richard said...

I prefer "eThanks" myself. I find it's more convenient to do and it's also more environmentally responsible. I do agree that the Boomer generation probably doesn't "get" it but that's to their loss.