4.20.2007

10lbs down, 10lbs to go. PART ONE

So, if any of you have been following my weight loss challenge - here's the latest:

I have lost 10 lbs.

*YAY*

I didn't really think that I looked so bad where I was - but having lost the first 10, I can now see that not only do I already look better, but other things are changing that needed to change.

Here are the things that just the first 10 lbs have changed for me:

1. My blood pressure. I have always been on the higher side - even in high school - so when my doctor made me go get blood work last summer, it kind of scared me. Granted, it still took until February of this year to actually make any sort of committment to change, but since I have done this, my BP has gone down at least 20 points. Yeehaw.

2. My jeans. My jeans are looser. And, this would be expected with a 10 lbs change - only thing is, my jeans are expensive!!!! So, I'm happy about the weight loss, but - I'm gonna need new jeans next fall. :) Sorry, Rob!

3. My attitude. No, I'm just kidding on this one. I've still got my attitude. :)

4. My gluteus maximus. When I started working at the Post Office, a "friend" of mine said that my back side would become flat. Well, hell... she was right. However, just recently, I have noticed that it is not flat anymore. ;)

5. Slow - not me. Playing softball does not require too much running, but when it does, in the past I have been - uh... slow. Well, recently I was told that "Hey, you were movin'" implying of course of my new found speed. Now, I'm no speed racer by any means, but I have improved somewhat.


I'm on my way to losing the next 10 and with that, I will post more things that I have found to be beneficial...other than the obvious. :)

No comments: